SAR is the quantity characterizing the absorption of electromagnetic wave energy from any type of radiating device such as a mobile phone, laptop, or a tablet PC into the human head or body.
SAR measurements are traditionally performed by using an electric field probe encased in a phantom (artificial head) filled with a liquid. The dielectric properties of the liquid are representative of head or body tissues. The probe is moved inside the phantom by a robot, making it possible to obtain discrete E-field values.
SARLite simplifies and accelerates the traditional SAR measurement method. With 265 probes and 651 sensors in a 3D matrix design, an area greater than 20 x 20 cm can be measured in only a few seconds. SARLite is capable of measuring a frequency bandwidth from 800 MHz to 3 GHz, without manipulation of the liquid, in this case, a wideband tissue simulant gel sealed inside the device. The sealed device also means no evaporation and no need to refill or replace the gel.
SARLite measures the E-field values emitted from mobile devices in order to tune electromagnetic radiation and is applicable at various stages in the R&D process.
SARLite can be used alone or as a complement to traditional SAR measurement systems to pre-test equipment in development, better preparing it for certification.
“Today, the number of protocols (4G, WiFi, WiMAX, Bluetooth, etc.) covering a wide range of frequency bands is increasing at an exponential rate. With this comes a significant increase in the time needed to measure SAR and obtain certification. The SARLite is a fast and compact solution. MVG drives to bring solutions that anticipate technological evolution and user needs. In this case, the development of SARLite presents the direction MVG is taking in this domain,” says
Find out more : www.satimo.com/content/products/sarlite
MICROWAVE VISION Group – MVG – (NYSE-Euronext:
Michelle Amiard, +33(0)1 47 34 01 15
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?