In an effort to bring the country’s non-banking population under banking network and ensure financial inclusion, Bank Asia has begun Agent Banking pilot phase in Sirajdikhan upazila of Munshiganj district. In the presence of Dasgupta Asim Kumar , executive director of Bangladesh Bank , A Rouf Chowdhury, chairman of Bank Asia , formally opened the activities of agent banking at Bhabanipur Bazar on Friday. Agent Banking means providing banking services to the bank customers through the engaged agents under a valid agency agreement, rather than a teller/cashier, said a press release on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?