"The event is of greater significance since the system was tested in its deliverable configuration with the active participation of SFC personnel. The missile is now ready for induction and its serial production will now begin" said
He congratulated all the team members from DRDO and SFC.
"Today's launch takes
The missile, which has a targetted range of about 4000 kilometers, was successfully launched at
It was the third consecutively successful trial and the last one in the series of development launches.
The missile rose to a height of over 850 kilomters, covered the intended range in about 20 minutes, hit the target with two digit accuracy; meeting all mission objectives and proving the capabilities of the missile.
The Agni-IV missile propelled by composite solid fuel rocket motor technology was launched from its road mobile launcher indigenously developed by DRDO.
The long range radars and Electro-Optical Tracking systems (EOTS) located all along the coast have tracked and monitored all the parameters throughout the flight.
Two ships located near the target point tracked the vehicle and witnessed the final event.
Agni 4 is equipped with state of the art Avionics, 5th generation On Board Computer and distributed architecture. It has the latest features to correct and guide itself for inflight disturbances.
The most accurate Ring Laser Gyro based Inertial Navigation System (RINS) and supported by highly reliable redundant Micro Navigation System (MINGS), ensured the vehicle reach the target within two digit accuracy.
The re-entry heat shield withstood temperatures in the range of 4000 degree centigrade and made sure the avionics function normally with inside temperature remaining less than 50 degree centigrade.
Agni 1, 2, 3 and Prithvi are already in the arsenal of armed forces, giving them reach of over 3000 km, giving
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence