Item 8.01. Other Events Reauthorization of Limited Quarterly Stock Repurchase Program On January 2, 2014 , the Board of Directors of Union Bankshares, Inc. reauthorized a limited stock repurchase program, initially authorized in May, 2010 and reauthorized for calendar year 2012 and calendar year 2013, pursuant to which the Company may repurchase up to 2,500 shares of its common stock (subject to standard anti-dilution adjustments) each calendar quarter in open market purchases or privately negotiated transactions, as management may deem advisable and as market conditions may warrant. The repurchase authorization for a calendar quarter expires at the end of that quarter to the extent it has not been exercised, and is not carried forward into future quarters. The limited quarterly authorization is not intended to be the exclusive means for effecting stock repurchases. As reauthorized, the quarterly repurchase program will expire on December 31, 2014 . Since inception of the program in May 2010 , the Company has repurchased 7,849 shares of common stock at a total cost of $147 thousand .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?