New Jersey rocker Bruce Springsteen's latest album, "High Hopes," will be available exclusively on CBS.com for streaming prior to its release date.
This marks the first time the network website has been the host for an album debut.
The music will be available Sunday through Jan. 13.
Three songs from the album -- the title track "High Hopes," "Hunter of Invisible Game" and "The Ghost of Tom Joad" -- will be featured in an episode of the network's legal drama, "The Good Wife," Jan. 12.
"We love using music in 'The Good Wife,' and we always have the music inform the action and the cutting," Robert King and Michelle King, executive producers and creators of "The Good Wife," said in a joint statement Thursday. "So, when the Bruce Springsteen songs became available, we couldn't believe our luck. We wished we could use the whole album."
"High Hopes" is Springsteen's 18th studio album. It is set for release Jan. 14 through Columbia Records.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original Headline: Springsteen's new album to get CBS.com preview
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers