The federal government has started planning for adjusting economic statistics to acquire a favourable rating from a credit rating agency. According to document available to Daily Express the finance ministry issued a letter to important organisations on 30 December, 2013 stating that a delegation of Standard and Poorís Rating Services (S&P) is coming to Pakistan . The government has started taking measures to get favourable analyses published in newspapers to smoothen political and international opinion sources in the finance ministry said. Various survey firms will also be contacted to commission surveys to get positive reports about the Pakistanís economic activities, policies and decisions. According to ministry sources, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar is calling a meeting with the officials of various economic data collecting agencies including Pakistan Bureau of Statistics and Federal Bureau of Revenue for the job.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks