Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday invited Qatar's petroleum and gas companies to invest in Pakistan's oil and gas exploration and production sector. Talking to Sheikh Falah Bin Jassim Bin Jabor Al-Thani , Chairman Board of Directors of Doha Group , the PM said Pakistan's vibrant economic sector offered an investment-friendly environment to Qatar's investors. The PM said Qatar was a principal player in the world energy market especially in the export of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and Pakistan would welcome co-operation with Qatar in the energy sector. He said both the two countries had great potential to increase the existing level of bilateral trade. We wish to promote, diversify and strengthen relations in all fields of our bilateral relations, PM added. PM Sharif said Pakistan attached great importance to its close and cordial relations with Qatar and values its contribution to regional peace and stability. He expressed good wishes for the Emir of Qatar and said that under his sagacious stewardship, Qatar had played its positive role in the region.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU