By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Investment Weekly News -- Investigators publish new report on Analytical Finance. According to news reporting out of Charlottesville, Virginia , by VerticalNews editors, research stated, "Saving for retirement is not hopeless. Well-run DB pension plans provided retirement income for generations." Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from Research Foundation , "When plans failed, it is because they broke the rules. The same applies to individuals. By understanding a set of rules on how much to save and how to invest and then sticking to those rules-that is, by making a pension promise to oneself-retirement income goals can be met." According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Fulfilling this promise requires more saving than most people are accustomed to." For more information on this research see: A Pension Promise to Oneself. Financial Analysts Journal , 2013;69(6):13-32. Financial Analysts Journal can be contacted at: Cfa Inst, 560 Ray C Hunt Dr, PO Box 3668, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA . Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting S.C. Sexauer , CFA Inst, Res Fdn, Charlottesville, VA , United States . Keywords for this news article include: Virginia , United States , Charlottesville , Analytical Finance, North and Central America Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules