Android tablets in 2014 -->
Half of the market is controlled by Samsung and Apple in the premium category, the other 50 per cent is controlled by other vendors.
"The lower half of the market also contains many unbranded vendors that focus only on the price factor. A lot of failure rates happen and with no customer satisfaction,"
Among the lower half, he said around 25 per cent are looking for value products.
Depending on value proposition, he said brands are looking to gain market share in that 25 per cent space.
"There are customers who are ready to shell a little more to get value-added features and good satisfaction. Whether these brands make money or not is not the equation, it is a long-term perspective.
The PC market is shrinking, so we need to supplement the remaining part of it and it is incremental revenue for us," said Rallan.
According to research firm
Although Apple's proprietary operating system, iOS, and Windows OS were contributors to the growth, the major contribution came from the Android operating system, with a total of 2.39 million Android units shipped in the quarter.
The world's third-biggest computer maker after HP and
The seven-inch Android is tablet is priced at Dh499 and eight-inch at Dh799 while the eight-inch Windows tablet is for Dh1,299 and 11-inch for enterprises and SMEs for Dh2,299.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday