Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from Hospital La Fe, "Metabolomics workflow includes experimental design, sampling, sample processing, metabolite analysis, and data processing. Given their influence on metabolite content and biological interpretation of data, a good experimental design and the appropriate choice of a sample processing method are prerequisites for success in any metabolomic study. The use of mammalian cells in the metabolomics field involves harder sample processing methods, including metabolism quenching and metabolite extraction, as compared to the use of body fluids, although such critical issues are frequently overlooked. This review aims to overview the common experimental procedures used in mammalian cell metabolomics based on mass spectrometry, by placing special emphasis on discussing sample preparation approaches, although other aspects, such as cell metabolomics applications, culture systems, cellular models, analytical platforms, and data analysis, are also briefly covered."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "This review intends to be a helpful tool to assist researchers in addressing decisions when planning a metabolomics study involving the use of mammalian cells."
For more information on this research see: Mammalian cell metabolomics: Experimental design and sample preparation. Electrophoresis, 2013;34(19):2762-2775. Electrophoresis can be contacted at: Wiley-Blackwell,
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from Z. Leon, Fdn Hosp La Fe, Unidad Hepatol Expt, Inst Invest Sanitaria,
Keywords for this news article include: Spain,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?