Latest data from Net Applications showed that PCs running Windows 8 and 8.1 now compose 10.49 percent of the personal-computer market.
However, Windows 7 is still more preferred by desktop users as its share rose by 0.88 percent, while Windows XP remained the big loser dropping 2.24 percent, Mashable reports.
The latest Windows 8 and its updated 8.1 version have been designed to better suit the tablet interface that appears to be the next big thing and force the traditional desktops take a backseat.
It was found that Windows 8's market share amounting to 6.89 percent is still greater than Windows 8.1's 3.60 percent and Windows machines overall account for a dominating 90.73 percent of the PC market. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline