ZAMBIA Motor Sport Association (ZMSA) vice-president, Sam Ching 'ambu says the association is now banking on Muhammad Essa and Ken Mukosa to defend the African Rally Champion (ARC) title for Zambia after current champion Jassy Singh pulled out of this year's activities. Jassy, who was crowned FIA-African Rally champion last year, withdrew from participating in all international events due to school commitments. Ching'ambu said ZMSA was hoping to send three rally drivers to the ARC competitions this year but would now only rely on Essa, the 2012 champion, and national champion Mukosa to retain the title to Zambia . He said ZMSA were optimistic that Zambia still had a chance of defending the title. "Despite Jassy not participating this year, we still have hope in Essa who won the title in 2012 and Mukosa, who won the National Rally Championship in 2013," he said. Ching'ambu said Zambia's chances of winning the event remain bright because Essa and Mukosa were skilled rally drivers who could not let the country down. He said the association was still working on the calendar and other programmes for the year which will be finalised next week. In a separate interview, Jassy said it was not the end of the road for him in motor rally and promised to return on the scene in 2016. "It is not the end yet, it's just a short break for school and I am still holding on to my dream to win the world title," he said. Jassy, who become the youngest winner to win the ARC title, said he would still be available for local events having taken a break on the international scene to concentrate on his studies at Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies (ZCAS) starting this week.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March