The total cost of rehabilitation of the Bishkek-Osh highway's segment from Bishkek to Kara-Balta within the CAREC Corridor 3 Project will amount around $123 million , the group for implementation of investment projects under the Ministry of Transport and Communications of Kyrgyzstan told Tazabek. On January 17 , the Ministry of Finance signed a financial agreement between Kyrgyzstan and the Asian Development Bank on the improvement of CAREC Corridor 3 (Bishkek-Osh road). Thus, ADB will allocate $100 million . Previously, the bank granted $1 million to develop a feasibility study and detailed plan of the project. The Government of Kyrgyzstan is co-financing the project to cover the taxes. Rehabilitation of the Bishkek-Osh road was carried out from 1996 to 2007. Due to lack of funds, the construction works were not carried out on two segments of the road: from Bishkek to Kara-Balta in the north of the country, and from Madaniyat village to Jalal-Abad in the south with a total length of 130 km. Currently, their technical condition does not meet modern requirements. It is planned to use funds of the Eurasian Development Bank for the rehabilitation of the segment from Madaniyat to Jalal-Abad. In 2013, a relevant memorandum was signed; the financial agreement is planned to be signed in the near future.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista