Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic) , one of the world's largest petrochemical groups and the Gulf's biggest listed firm, reported a 5.7 per cent rise in fourth-quarter net income yesterday, missing forecasts. It earned 6.16bn riyals (£1bn) in the quarter, up from a slightly revised figure of 5.83 bn riyals a year earlier, Sabic said. Operating profit rose much more slowly than net profit in the fourth quarter, edging up just 0.5 per cent to 10.30bn riyals .
Most Popular Stories
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Senate Reaches Unemployment Benefits Deal
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna