Pan-African banking group Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI) said it has signed an agreement with MasterCard that would provide access to MasterCard's payment solutions for Ecobank's customers in a further 23 African countries. Ecobank's subsidiaries in 28 Sub-Saharan African countries are now licensed to issue and accept MasterCard's prepaid, debit and credit cards. Togo -based Ecobank has the largest footprint in Africa with over 1,200 branches in 35 African countries. It is listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and on the Ghana Stock Exchange . The bank's net profit for the first half of 2013 soared 95% y/y to USD 169mn thanks to strong organic growth in revenue combined with better cost control. Its pre-tax profit surged 58% y/y to USD 200mn in H1.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work