The EBRD invested EUR 512mn last year in Romania , down from EUR 600mn in 2012, the Bank's head of press department Anthony Williams told Mediafax. Nonetheless, the Bank rates the figure as robust – and it indeed accounts for 0.36% of the country's GDP, or one quarter of the year's FDI. The EBRD also underlines the record number of projects pursued in the country last year, namely 32. It typically finances energy, transport and infrastructure projects in Romania but also contributes to SME financing through dedicated loans extended to local banks. The EBRD invested in the whole region where it is active EUR 8.5bn – down from EUR 8.9bn one year earlier. There were several projects that were delayed and instead of late 2013 will be completed in 2014, Williams commented. The Bank expects for 2014 investments at a lever similar to the one in 2013, he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?