KA Antony KANNUR The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPM) state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan on Saturday called off the state-wide indefinite stir against the hike of cooking gas cylinder prices and the soaring prices of essential commodities. Though it was almost certain that the CPM would call off the stir as the federal government took a decision in favour of retaining 12 subsided LPG cylinders to existing consumers. The LPG stir, appears to have come handy for the CPM, which had to call off the secretariat siege and another demanding resignation of Oommen Chandy as chief minister.OMAN TRIBUNE
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic