The Albanian central bank sold ALL 2.3bn ( EUR 16.3mn ) in two-year fixed-rate government bonds at an auction on January 16 , in line with the initial offer, the bank said on its website. Investors submitted bids worth ALL 3.2bn, up from ALL 1.95bn at the previous, undersubscribed auction, held on December 19, 2013 . The average yield at the latest auction stood at 4.92%, remaining unchanged from the previous tender. The central bank, which places state securities on behalf of the government, sold ALL 41.2bn in two-year fixed-rate bonds in 2013, while total lek-denominated bonds amounted to ALL 119.2bn.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder