Ithmaar Bank Chairman, Prince Amr Al Faisal , announced yesterday the appointment of Ahmed Abdul Rahim as the bank's Chief Executive Officer. Mr.Rahim was previously the bank's Acting Chief Executive Officer since September 2013 . "I am pleased to name Ahmed the Ithmaar CEO," said Prince Amr . "He has, in many ways and over many years, played an instrumental role in developing the Ithmaar Bank success story, and I am confident that, in his new role, he will lead the Bank to even greater success," he said. The announcement was made following an approval of both the Ithmaar Bank Board of Directors as well as the Central Bank of Bahrain . The Chairman said that both himself and the Board are confident about Mr.Rahim's capabilities to develop the bank into a leading Islamic banking organisation. "The Board of Directors and I are confident that Ahmed will play a key role in leading Ithmaar Bank towards becoming the region's premier Islamic retail bank," said Prince Amr . "His successful banking career, his intimate understanding of Ithmaar Bank and, in particular, his experience and expertise in retail banking, make him the ideal candidate for leading Ithmaar Bank's executive management through the next phase of growth," he said. "I am grateful to the Chairman and the members of the Ithmaar Bank Board of Directors for their support," said Mr.Rahim . "I am confident that, with the guidance of the Board of Directors as well as that of the Sharia Supervisory Board, we will continue to work towards realising our shared vision of becoming the region's premier Islamic retail bank," he said. copyright
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict