Washington, Jan. 18 (ANI): Dropbox has reportedly raised $250 million in its funding round, putting the company's valuation at 10 billion dollars.
It is the second time the cloud file hosting service has raised the amount, after 2011 in a round that included Goldman Sachs, Sequoia, Index Ventures and Accel Partners.
According to Tech Crunch, in November, based on market estimates about an additional $250 million raise, the company was speculated to reach a valuation of $8 billion.
However, the fact that Dropbox raised at a 10 billion dollars valuation instead of $8 billion could indicate that the round was competitive, with third parties bidding for a chance to scoop up Dropbox shares.
The report said that prior to the current raise, Dropbox has collected $257 million in funding.
Other companies in the same billion dollars worth pre-IPO valuation include Twitter, at $10 billion in May 2013, Google with a $2.7 billion valuation; and Box, which is a direct Dropbox competitor had a valuation of $2 billion when it raised $100 million late last year, the report added. (ANI)
(c) 2014 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Dropbox raises $250mn in funding, shooting valuation up to $10bn
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation