The Chinese government has declared a mobile operating system developed to break what they think to be the foreign software monopoly. The state-sanctioned OS is known as COS (China Operating System) and was designed together with
As with any other mobile operating system, the software operates on not only smartphones but televisions, set-top boxes and tablets. And from what we ve been hearing thus far, Android apps will more than likely run on the platform.
During introduction, the head of the ISCAS criticize Apple s iOS for being a closed ecosystem. What s more, authorities mentioned Android s fragmentation problems while both it and Windows Phone were blasted over weak safety.
It will be interesting to be seen just what sort of effect COS will have on opposing operating systems in the area, particularly bearing in mind the latest contract that Apple was able to finalize with
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4