Estimates by research firm Ovum state Indian telecom operators could lose as much as
Experts say WhatsApp has many advantages like free messaging, group messaging to any number of users, video messaging etc.
"We are all noticing the decline in SMSing. Those with smartphones have sort of forgotten about SMSing," says a telecom analyst from a brokerage firm.
According to marketing professional Pooja P, platforms like WhatsApp are far more economical. "We can share pictures, videos, keep in touch with people outside
However, smartphones have yet to reach a crescendo in
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers