This morning, Morgan Stanley (MS) reported fourth quarter earnings of $433 million, or 20 cents per share, as revenue climbed to $8.2 billion. Excluding one-time items, the investment bank would have earned 50 cents per share, handily topping the consensus estimates. In the report, Morgan Stanley noted that it took a $1.2 billion charge for legal expenses related to mortgage backed securities lawsuits. Shares of Morgan Stanley were higher on Friday morning, climbing 2.2% following the report. The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201401Earn2011713&mv=1 .
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock