Talking Points: ** EURUSD ended the past week with a multi-month trendline and move to 7-week lows ** The lull before January 29 FOMC rate decision puts momentum at odds with persistent ECB and BoE views ** Attractive technical patterns should be checked for fundamentals and market conditions What kind of Trading best suits you? Technical or Fundamental? Short-term or Long-term? Take our Trader Survey and find out. The FX market made remarkable technical moves through the end of this past week, but will these nascent breaks develop into viable trends moving forward? Ending this past week with a high profile EURUSD technical break, a sharp sterling rally and divergent yen cross performance generates numerous trading scenarios for us to pick up on when liquidity returns Monday. Yet, a market holiday Monday, contradictory monetary policy views (Euro and pound), and the countdown to the next FOMC rate decision present a trading disparity. We take a look at the trade potential of the majors, crosses and capital markets moving forward in the Weekend Trading Video.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter