YEREVAN , JANUARY 17 , ARMENPRESS. The structure of the state debt of the Republic of Armenia is changed due to the decrease in preferential loans provided by the international financial donor organizations and the increase of the commercial loans in the portfolio. When in 2013 the Government of Armenia approved the procedure of foreign currency bonds emission concept in the international capital market, the first Armenian Eurobonds with the volume of $700 million were issued. For Armenia , which has overcome the poverty threshold and has an average profitability, it opens a new page in the economic policy. An opportunity for the private sector is gained to attract cheaper funds from the financial markets. If Armenia did not have quoted bonds in the international markets, the purchase of the additional financial means from those markets would have been more expensive by 1-1,5%. The Deputy of the Head of the Public Debt Management Department of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Armenia Artak Marutyan told Armenpress that the emission of the Eurobonds has considerably changed the foreign debt service management tools and the crediting image.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?