NEW YORK (AP) — Shares of Electronic Arts Inc. soared Friday after an industry group reported strong December video game sales figures for the company, according to an analyst. The NPD Group said Thursday that overall console and handheld game software sales declined in December compared with a year earlier. But Cowen and Co. analyst Doug Creutz said that EA's total sales — including PC game sales — increased 40 percent, "almost dead on our estimate." EA's "Battlefield 4," ''Madden NFL 25" and "FIFA 14" were among the month's top 10 games, according to NPD. Shares of EA jumped $2.48 , or 11.5 percent, to $24.02 in afternoon trading. The stock is up about 66 percent in the past year.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy