The end-to-end solution demonstrated on the rail test track in ?migrÓd included on-board security functionality such as video surveillance closed circuit television (CCTV), environmental sensors for detection of gas and radiation levels, and advanced Passenger Information Systems (PIS). The situations replicated a typical rail environment and day-to-day railway operational situations such as intruder detection and unattended luggage, as well as chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear explosives (CBRNE) detection. These scenarios were presented to a large number of
The communication scenarios presented at the event in ?migrÓd demonstrated how Bombardier s on-board communications gateway within train stations prefer available WiFi network coverage to maximize the benefits of unlicensed Wi-Fi frequencies. Once the train started moving at a higher speed, Wi-Fi coverage automatically switched over to 3G to enable transmission of critical data. As soon the train entered areas with wireless LTE coverage, the on-board unit automatically enabled data services such as video surveillance and broadband data to maximize the benefits delivered by LTE for rail.
"The integration of smart sensors and multi-network capabilities enables efficient "train-to-ground" communication and cost savings, while significantly refining security processes with the easy detection of security issues, creating a safer and more enjoyable rail travel experience for people," said Mr.
With the ability of Bombardier s on-board mobile communications gateway solution to combine and automatically select the most suitable wireless radio system (i.e. LTE, Wi-Fi or 3G) and
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up