Broadband has topped the list (53%) of the greatest engineering innovations of the last decade in a poll by the
Broadband beat a number of other engineering and technology innovations hands down. The nearest other contenders for the title were smart phones (10%) and satellite navigation (10%). Joint bottom of the list (1%) were on demand television and android phone apps.
The survey of 2,011 adults aged 16-75 in
"Not too long ago, superfast broadband was a future vision for a handful of engineers. Today it is available to almost three quarters of
TNS 30FurigayJof- 140117-4605711 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock