Vimeo has announced plans to support filmmakers and the film distribution movement through a $500,000 Audience Development Fund to help select filmmakers market their projects.
Filmmakers who have successfully raised $10,000 or more through crowdfunding platforms will be considered. Those chosen also will be given a one-year PRO account and help in creating campaigns on and off Vimeo.com to broaden film exposure and grow audiences in exchange for an exclusive digital premiere window for distribution on Vimeo On Demand.
"Vimeo is committed to empowering filmmakers with the world's best platform for direct distribution," said Vimeo General Manager of Audience Networks, Greg Clayman, in a statement. "While crowdfunding has changed the game in getting films made, Vimeo is taking the next step supporting filmmakers to get their work seen and purchased on Vimeo and across the web."
Vimeo On Demand helps Vimeo PRO subscribers to sell work on their own terms -- choose their price, viewing format (stream or download), and geographical availability while retaining full ownership of their work.
To have your project considered considered for the Audience Development Fund, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays