Vimeo has announced plans to support filmmakers and the film distribution movement through a $500,000 Audience Development Fund to help select filmmakers market their projects.
Filmmakers who have successfully raised $10,000 or more through crowdfunding platforms will be considered. Those chosen also will be given a one-year PRO account and help in creating campaigns on and off Vimeo.com to broaden film exposure and grow audiences in exchange for an exclusive digital premiere window for distribution on Vimeo On Demand.
"Vimeo is committed to empowering filmmakers with the world's best platform for direct distribution," said Vimeo General Manager of Audience Networks, Greg Clayman, in a statement. "While crowdfunding has changed the game in getting films made, Vimeo is taking the next step supporting filmmakers to get their work seen and purchased on Vimeo and across the web."
Vimeo On Demand helps Vimeo PRO subscribers to sell work on their own terms -- choose their price, viewing format (stream or download), and geographical availability while retaining full ownership of their work.
To have your project considered considered for the Audience Development Fund, email email@example.com for more information.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation