Investors are poised for a flood of corporate results Thursday, alongside updates on inflation and the labor market. Investors will have plenty of reports to wade through Thursday, with quarterly results due before the opening bell from firms including Goldman Sachs , Citigroup , and Blackrock. Intel and American Express are scheduled to report in the afternoon. U.S. stock futures were slightly changed Thursday morning, as investors refrain from making moves ahead of the reports. -Futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 0.073% to 16396 -Futures on the S&P 500 index lost 0.087% to 1840.00 -Futures on the NASDAQ 100 gained 0.056% to 3599.75 . As of 07:16 a.m. ET The U.S. Labor Department is set to publish its weekly report on initial jobless claims at 08:30 a.m. , and will also release the monthly consumer prices index. U.S. stocks finished higher Wednesday, with the S&P 500 closing at a new record high. The run-up came on the back of strong bank earnings and solid economic reports. J.C. Penney shares slipped in after-hours trading Wednesday after the ailing retailer announced plans to eliminate 2,000 jobs and close 33 stores. Shares in Hewlett-Packard are moving up by roughly 2% ahead of the opening bell as investors feel optimistic about the firm`s plans to sell some new tablets in the Indian market.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4