Talking Points: US Dollar Soars to the Strongest Level in 4 Months S&P 500 Recovers, Moves to Test 2013 Yearly High Crude Oil Rises as Expected, Gold Inching Lower US DOLLAR TECHNICAL ANALYSIS - Prices are testing above resistance at 10727, the December 20 high. A break above this barrier exposes 10761, the intersection of the 38.2% Fibonacci expansion and the top of a rising channel set from early November. Reversing below support at 10707, the 23.6% level, exposes the channel bottom at 10635. S&P 500 TECHNICAL ANALYSIS - Prices are testing resistance in the 1844.90-49.10 area, marked by the December 31 high and the 14.6% Fibonacci expansion. A break higher exposes the 23.6% level at 1863.10. Near-term support is at 1819.60, the 14.6% Fib retracement. GOLD TECHNICAL ANALYSIS - Prices are edging lower after putting in a Bearish Engulfing candlestick pattern. Breaking below support at 1240.12, the January 3 high, exposes the 1212.03-17.75 area (marked by the December 2 low and the 23.6% Fib expansion). Near-term resistance is at 1261.28, the October 11 low. CRUDE OIL TECHNICAL ANALYSIS- Prices pushed higher as expected after putting in a bullish Piercing Line candlestick pattern. A push above resistance at 94.85, the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement, exposes the 50% level at 95.97. Reversing below support at 93.46, the 23.6% Fib, aims for the January 9 low at 91.21.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation