The article brings data of Revenue Service, according to which, 15.51 million l of wine worth $56.436 million and 31.775 million l of mineral water worth $33.752 million was delivered to Russian market in 2013. Tea export made up 50 t (value is not specified), while apple export – 49 t ( $14,628 ). Chairman of Gori local council's commission on natural resources, agriculture and land issues Soso Khuroshvili reports that apple harvest in Gori made up about 70,000 t, of which factories purchased 20,000 t apples at 15 tetri (per 1 kg), while 20,000 t were sold on domestic and foreign markets. Khuroshvili declares that "nobody wants Georgian "Kekhura" and "Banana" (local apples varieties), so apple species should be replaced". Rootstock of European apple varieties is already planted on 50 ha, which brings high-quality harvest already on the first or the second year, he notes.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign