By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Science Letter -- Research findings on Science are discussed in a new report. According to news reporting originating in Vienna, Austria , by NewsRx journalists, research stated, "The study of meteorite craters on Earth provides information about the dynamic evolution of bodies within the Solar System. the Bosumtwi crater is a well studied, 10.5 km in diameter, ca. 1.07 Myr old impact structure located in Ghana ." The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from Natural History Museum , "The impactor was approximate to 1 km in diameter, an ordinary chondrite and struck the Earth with an angle between 30 degrees and 45 degrees from the horizontal. We have used a two phase backward integration to constrain the most probable parent region of the impactor." According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "We find that the most likely source region is a high inclination object from the Middle Main Belt." For more information on this research see: A statistical dynamical study of meteorite impactors: A case study based on parameters derived from the Bosumtwi impact event. Astronomische Nachrichten , 2013;334(9):936-939. Astronomische Nachrichten can be contacted at: Wiley-V C H Verlag Gmbh , Boschstrasse 12, D-69469 Weinheim, Germany . (Wiley-Blackwell - www.wiley.com/ ; Astronomische Nachrichten - onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/ (ISSN)1521-3994) Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting M.A. Galiazzo , Nat Hist Museum Wien, A-1010 Vienna, Austria . Additional authors for this research include A. Bazso, M.S. Huber , A. Losiak, R. Dvorak and C. Koeberl (see also Science ). Keywords for this news article include: Vienna , Europe , Austria , Science Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels