Our news editors obtained a quote from the research, "We present a new, detailed SANS model which is able to account for the excluded volume of the grafted polymer chains, and compare the experimentally measured brush chain conformations to predictions from SCFT calculations for a polymer-grafted nanosphere, and previous studies by others. The results of the SANS measurements are in qualitative agreement with SCFT calculations and in excellent quantitative agreement with previous studies that indirectly assessed the structure of the polymer chains by measuring the hydrodynamic radius of the nanoparticles."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Unlike previous methods, however, SANS provides direct measurements of the polymer brush conformation."
For more information on this research see: Direct Measurements of Polymer Brush Conformation Using Small-Angle Neutron Scattering (SANS) from Highly Grafted Iron Oxide Nanoparticles in Homopolymer Melts. Macromolecules, 2013;46(23):9341-9348. Macromolecules can be contacted at: Amer Chemical Soc,
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia