With unmatched low power consumption and high throughput performance, the GS2000 opens up new markets such as high definition video/security cameras and audio applications such as remote speakers, while still addressing GainSpan's traditional markets in healthcare and fitness, smart energy and control/monitoring in commercial, industrial and residential markets. A variety of Application Development Kits (ADKs) demonstrating these new applications will also be on display.
The GS2000 is the industry's first single chip solution bringing together two IEEE low power standard wireless technologies: Wi-Fi(®) (802.11b/g/n) and ZigBee IP (802.15.4). It offers multi Mbps throughput (up to 40 Mbps throughput over an SDIO interface), unmatched idle power consumption combined with fast wake up performance from idle state for the longest battery life for a Wi-Fi device. The GS2000 also features a highly integrated and extensive networking stack that enables it to work with devices using even the most resource-constrained MCUs or devices with no MCU at all (i.e. door locks, smartplugs, garage door openers).
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign