Notice Type: Combine Solicitation
Subject: Monring Star Direct Access
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: SECHQ114Q0041
Place of Performance Country: US
(i) This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. Interested organizations may submit their capability statements and qualifications; however, a written solicitation will not be issued. In accordance with FAR 6.302-1, the Government intends to award a sole source contract to Morning Star located at
(iii) This solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-71.
(iv) This is a sole-source requirement. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code is 511199 and
(v) The CLIN structure is as follows: Item Description Quantity Amount 0001 Access to Morningstar Direct for 11 users
(vii) Place of Delivery is as follows, unless otherwise indicated at the time of order:
(viii) The following FAR clauses apply to this solicitation. Quoters may obtain full text versions of these clauses electronically at http://farsite.hill.af.mil/. FAR 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors-Commercial Items (Feb 2012).
Parties responding to this solicitation who believe they can provide the service described herein may submit their quote in accordance with their standard commercial practices (e.g., on company letterhead, formal quote form, etc.) but must include the following information/registrations: 1) company's complete mailing and remittance addresses; 2) discounts for prompt payment if applicable; 3) Dun & Bradstreet number; 4) Taxpayer ID number; 5) must have a complete registration in System for Award Management (SAM) (https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/); SAM replaced CCR and ORCA; 6) must provide unit price for each CLIN and total price, in accordance with the Statement of Work (Attachment 1); (7) narrative addressing capability to provide the services in accordance with the requirements of the statement of work and past performance, including three (3) references (including a. Name of Agency/Organization; b. Contract number; c. Contract type; d. Total contract value; e. Description of contract work; f. Contracting Officer (or similar representative), telephone #, and email address) for contracts performed within the past 2 years that are similar in size and scope to this requirement; and 8) a licensing agreement for the
(ix) 52.212-2, Evaluation-Commercial Items (
(x) 52.252-2, Clauses Incorporated By Reference (
FAR 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items (
(xi) 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (
(xii) 52.212-5 Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes or Executive Orders - Commercial Items. (
(a) The Contractor shall comply with the following Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) clauses, which are incorporated in this contract by reference, to implement provisions of law or Executive orders applicable to acquisitions of commercial items:
(1) 52.222-50, Combating Trafficking in Persons (
(2) 52.233-3, Protest After Award (
(3) 52.233-4, Applicable Law for Breach of Contract Claim (
(b) The Contractor shall comply with the FAR clauses in this paragraph (b) that the Contracting Officer has indicated as being incorporated in this contract by reference to implement provisions of law or Executive orders applicable to acquisitions of commercial items: (Contracting Officer check as appropriate.)
[X] (1) 52.203-6, Restrictions on Subcontractor Sales to the Government (
 (2) 52.203-13, Contractor Code of Business Ethics and Conduct (APR 2010)(Pub. L. 110-252, Title VI, Chapter 1 (41 U.S.C. 251 note)).
 (3) 52.203-15, Whistleblower Protections under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (
[X] (4) 52.204-10, Reporting Executive Compensation and First-Tier Subcontract Awards (
 (5) 52.204-11, American Recovery and Reinvestment Act-Reporting Requirements (
[X] (6) 52.209-6, Protecting the Government's Interest When Subcontracting with Contractors Debarred, Suspended, or Proposed for Debarment. (AUG, 2013) (31 U.S.C. 6101 note).
[X] (7) 52.209-9, Updates of Publicly Available Information Regarding Responsibility Matters (
 (8) 52.209-10, Prohibition on Contracting with Inverted Domestic Corporations (
 (9) 52.219-3, Notice of HUBZone Set-Aside or Sole-Source Award (
 (10) 52.219-4, Notice of Price Evaluation Preference for HUBZone Small Business Concerns (
 (11) (Reserved)
 (12)(i) 52.219-6, Notice of Total Small Business Set-Aside (
 (ii) Alternate I (NOV 2011).
 (iii) Alternate II (NOV 2011).
 (13)(i) 52.219-7, Notice of Partial Small Business Set-Aside (
 (ii) Alternate I (
 (iii) Alternate II (
 (14) 52.219-8, Utilization of Small Business Concerns (
 (15)(i) 52.219-9, Small Business Subcontracting Plan (
 (ii) Alternate I (
 (iii) Alternate II (
 (16) 52.219-13, Notice of Set-Aside of Orders (
 (17) 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting (
 (18) 52.219-16, Liquidated Damages-Subcontracting Plan (
 (19)(i) 52.219-23, Notice of Price Evaluation Adjustment for Small Disadvantaged Business Concerns (
 (ii) Alternate I (
 (20) 52.219-25, Small Disadvantaged Business Participation Program-Disadvantaged Status and Reporting (
 (21) 52.219-26, Small Disadvantaged Business Participation Program-Incentive Subcontracting (
 (22) 52.219-27, Notice of Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Set-Aside (
[X] (23) 52.219-28, Post Award Small Business Program Rerepresentation (
 (24) 52.219-29, Notice of Set-Aside for Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) Concerns (
 (25) 52.219-30, Notice of Set-Aside for Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Concerns Eligible Under the WOSB Program (
[X] (26) 52.222-3, Convict Labor (
[X] (27) 52.222-19, Child Labor-Cooperation with Authorities and Remedies (
[X] (28) 52.222-21, Prohibition of Segregated Facilities (FEB 1999).
[X] (29) 52.222-26, Equal Opportunity (
[X] (30) 52.222-35, Equal Opportunity for Veterans (
[X] (31) 52.222-36, Affirmative Action for Workers with Disabilities (
[X] (32) 52.222-37, Employment Reports on Veterans (
 (33) 52.222-40, Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act (
 (34) 52.222-54, Employment Eligibility Verification (
 (35)(i) 52.223-9, Estimate of Percentage of Recovered Material Content for EPA-Designated Items (
 (ii) Alternate I (
 (36) 52.223-15, Energy Efficiency in Energy-Consuming Products (
 (37)(i) 52.223-16, IEEE 1680 Standard for the Environmental Assessment of Personal Computer Products (
(ii) Alternate I (
[X] (38) 52.223-18, Encouraging Contractor Policies to Ban Text Messaging While Driving (
 (39) 52.225-1, Buy American Act - Supplies (
 (40)(i) 52.225-3, Buy American Act-Free Trade Agreements-Israeli Trade Act (
 (ii) Alternate I (
 (iii) Alternate II (
 (iv) Alternate III (
 (41) 52.225-5, Trade Agreements (
 (42) 52.225-13, Restrictions on Certain Foreign Purchases (
 (43) 52.225-26, Contractors Performing Private Security Functions Outside the United States (
 (44) 52.226-4, Notice of Disaster or Emergency Area Set-Aside (
 (45) 52.226-5, Restrictions on Subcontracting Outside Disaster or Emergency Area (
 (46) 52.232-29, Terms for Financing of Purchases of Commercial Items (
 (47) 52.232-30, Installment Payments for Commercial Items (
[X] (48) 52.232-33, Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer - System for Award Management (
 (49) 52.232-34, Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer - Other than System for Award Management (
 (50) 52.232-36, Payment by Third Party (
 (51) 52.239-1, Privacy or Security Safeguards (
 (52)(i) 52.247-64, Preference for Privately Owned U.S.-Flag Commercial Vessels (
 (ii) Alternate I (
(c) The Contractor shall comply with the FAR clauses in this paragraph (c), applicable to commercial services, that the Contracting Officer has indicated as being incorporated in this contract by reference to implement provisions of law or Executive orders applicable to acquisitions of commercial items: (Contracting Officer check as appropriate.)
 (1) 52.222-41, Service Contract Act of 1965 "(
 (2) 52.222-42, Statement of Equivalent Rates for Federal Hires (
 (3) 52.222-43, Fair Labor Standards Act and Service Contract Act-Price Adjustment (Multiple Year and Option Contracts) (
 (4) 52.222-44, Fair Labor Standards Act and Service Contract Act-Price Adjustment (
 (5) 52.222-51, Exemption from Application of the Service Contract Act to Contracts for Maintenance, Calibration, or Repair of Certain Equipment-Requirements "(
 (6) 52.222-53, Exemption from Application of the Service Contract Act to Contracts for Certain Services-Requirements (
 (7) 52.222-17,
 (8) 52.226-6, Promoting Excess Food Donation to Nonprofit Organizations. (
 (9) 52.237-11, Accepting and Dispensing of
(d) Comptroller General Examination of Record. The Contractor shall comply with the provisions of this paragraph (d) if this contract was awarded using other than sealed bid, is in excess of the simplified acquisition threshold, and does not contain the clause at 52.215-2, Audit and Records - Negotiation.
(1) The Comptroller General of
(2) The Contractor shall make available at its offices at all reasonable times the records, materials, and other evidence for examination, audit, or reproduction, until 3 years after final payment under this contract or for any shorter period specified in FAR Subpart 4.7, Contractor Records Retention, of the other clauses of this contract. If this contract is completely or partially terminated, the records relating to the work terminated shall be made available for 3 years after any resulting final termination settlement. Records relating to appeals under the disputes clause or to litigation or the settlement of claims arising under or relating to this contract shall be made available until such appeals, litigation, or claims are finally resolved.
(3) As used in this clause, records include books, documents, accounting procedures and practices, and other data, regardless of type and regardless of form. This does not require the Contractor to create or maintain any record that the Contractor does not maintain in the ordinary course of business or pursuant to a provision of law.
(e)(1) Notwithstanding the requirements of the clauses in paragraphs (a), (b), (c), and (d) of this clause, the Contractor is not required to flow down any FAR clause, other than those in this paragraph (e)(1) of this paragraph in a subcontract for commercial items. Unless otherwise indicated below, the extent of the flow down shall be as required by the clause-
(i) 52.203-13, Contractor Code of Business Ethics and Conduct (
(ii) 52.219-8, Utilization of Small Business Concerns (
(iv) 52.222-26, Equal Opportunity (
(v) 52.222-35, Equal Opportunity for Veterans (
(vi) 52.222-36, Affirmative Action for Workers with Disabilities (
(vii) 52.222-40, Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act (
(viii) 52.222-41, Service Contract Act of 1965 "(
(ix) 52.222-50, Combating Trafficking in Persons (
___Alternate I (
(x) 52.222-51, Exemption from Application of the Service Contract Act to Contracts for Maintenance, Calibration, or Repair of Certain Equipment-Requirements "(
(xi) 52.222-53, Exemption from Application of the Service Contract Act to Contracts for Certain Services-Requirements (FEB 2009)(41 U.S.C.
(xii) 52.222-54, Employment Eligibility Verification (AUG 2013).
(xiii) 52.225-26, Contractors Performing Private Security Functions Outside the United States (
(xv) 52.247-64, Preference for Privately Owned U.S.-Flag Commercial Vessels (
(2) While not required, the contractor may include in its subcontracts for commercial items a minimal number of additional clauses necessary to satisfy its contractual obligations.
(End of clause)
52.217-8 Option to Extend Services. (
The Government may require continued performance of any services within the limits and at the rates specified in the contract. These rates may be adjusted only as a result of revisions to prevailing labor rates provided by the Secretary of Labor. The option provision may be exercised more than once, but the total extension of performance hereunder shall not exceed 6 months. The Contracting Officer may exercise the option by written notice to the Contractor within 1 day of the contract end date.
(End of clause)
2002.00 Marking (
All information submitted to the Contracting Officer, the POC, or his/her designated contact shall clearly indicate the number of the contract for which the information is being submitted.
3001.01 Inspection and Acceptance by the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) (
Inspection and Acceptance of supplies and/or services to be furnished under this contract will be performed by the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) - Caroline Early Inspection and Acceptance will be performed at the
4001.00 Period of Performance w/o Option Years (
The period of performance for CLIN 0001 is from date of contract award to
This contract will be administered by the
The services for the contract are considered severable services. Severable services are assigned to contractor personnel (CP) at time of award and need only information provided by
5003.00 Submission of Invoices (
Contractors should submit invoices in accordance with the SEC Prompt Payment Provision of the contract. Contractors are cautioned against submitting an invoice prior to goods and services being received/accepted. Invoices submitted prematurely may be rejected.
Electronic/e-mail Invoice Instructions: Invoices must be in PDF Format and may not exceed 10MB Subject Line: Company name and the invoice number e-mail
For services: contract line item number, item description, period of performance and associated costs, per Section B, contract line item, CLIN, structure
Shipping and handling charges, if applicable
Clearly mark duplicates of previous invoice submissions with "DUPLICATE"
Clearly mark the final invoice with "FINAL INVOICE"
Attach the invoice and any supporting documents in a secure tamper-proof or tamper-resistant format compatible with Adobe Acrobat.
Electronic signatures are acceptable in scanned documents. Each page of a document must be clearly marked with information identifying it with the company, the contract, the invoice, and any other information required by the contract.
E-mail invoices to the following address: 9-AMC-AMZ-SEC-Invoices@faa.gov
5004.0 Appointment of Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) (
b. The Contracting Officer (CO) shall appoint, in writing, a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) and, if possible, an Alternate COR for this award. The COR and Alternate COR shall have a current Federal Acquisition Certification for CORs (FAC-COR) at the appropriate certification level for the contract. A COR may serve on a contract requiring certification at or below his/her level, but not on one requiring a higher level. The CO shall provide the Contractor with a copy of the COR appointment letter(s). The COR may not re-delegate his or her authority; only the CO has this authority.
c. The COR will manage the contract in coordination with the CO and within the terms of the contract and the boundaries of a COR's duties as outlined in the document "Instructions for CORs and Their Supervisors." The COR's responsibilities include reviewing invoices and charges by the Contractor and informing the CO of areas where exceptions are taken. If this is an award for services and contractor personnel are brought on-site to
d. Only the Contracting Officer has the authority to change the terms and conditions of this contract. The COR may request a contract modification, but the CO will make the final determination. The COR may not agree to or issue a change to the contract terms and conditions. In the event the Contractor effects changes to the contract at the direction of any person other than the CO, the changes will be considered to have been made without any authority and no adjustments will be made to the contract.
6002.00 Type of Contract (
This is a firm fixed price type contract.
6003.00 Representations and Certifications (
The Contractor's completed Representations, Certifications, and Other Statements of Offerors or Respondents is incorporated herein by reference.
52.217-8, Option to Extend Services (
52.247-34, F.o.b. - Destination (
(xiv) Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS) is not applicable.
(xv) The due date and time for Quotes is
Quotes shall be delivered electronically via email to
(xvi) All questions concerning this RFQ shall be submitted in writing to
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study