The country's export expanded 7.9% y/y posting USD 2.21trn last year, while its imports increased 7.3% y/y registering USD 1.95trn . According to Liu Ligang, chief China economist at ANZ Banking Group , the country's foreign trade has surpassed the United States (US) to become the world's largest trading nation. China's foreign trade expanded 7.6% y/y recording USD 4.16trn during the period, while it was expected to accelerate 8% y/y. The nation's foreign trade surplus expanded USD 259.75trn , recording an increase of 12.8% from a year earlier.
Most Popular Stories
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.