Zilico, a British medical device manufacturer, will present its CE marked cervical cancer diagnostic system at the upcoming
ZedScan system, which received EC certification from its notified body in September last year, offers more accurate detection of cervical neoplasia in real-time, enabling clinicians to improve patient management, said a statement.
The ZedScan system is used alongside colposcopy on women identified with an abnormal smear result, said the statement.
It helps identify those patients who require treatment at first visit, facilitating a wider use of "select and treat," in addition to reducing the number of cervical biopsies performed on each patient by pin-pointing the optimum site for biopsy.
The company's patented Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) technology exploits the different electrical resistivity of normal, pre-cancerous and cancerous tissue.
The system consists of a portable hand-held device and docking station, software application and a single-use EIS sensor.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict