Wheat for delivery in March gained 1.3 percent to R3 781 a ton by the close on the SA Futures Exchange , the highest settlement since December 2012 . The rand touched a new five-year low of R10.9338 to the dollar yesterday. "The rand's decline had a lot to do with it, because South Africa's a net importer," Lindy van Blommestein at Farmwise Grains said. March wheat on the Chicago Board of Trade added 1 percent to $5.7925 a bushel (R2 327 a ton) on Tuesday. - Bloomberg Pretoria News
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO