Actavis plc announced that, based on a preliminary review of 2013 results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2013 , the Company expects non-GAAP earnings per diluted share for the fourth quarter 2013 to be modestly above the high end of its previous forecast. "2013 was a transformational year for Actavis , highlighted by the acquisition of Warner Chilcott plc and continued exceptional performance across our global business," said Paul Bisaro , Chairman and CEO of Actavis . "Within Actavis Pharma, growth was powered by strong generics launches in global markets and the key launches of generic versions of Suboxone tablets, Lidoderm and Cymbalta in the U.S. Actavis Specialty Brands saw continued strong sales of core products while successfully completing the first phase of integration of Warner Chilcott, including restructuring our U.S. sales organization, completing rationalization of R&D projects and personnel and recruiting new general managers to lead key therapeutic areas in the U.S. Anda Distribution growth was bolstered by increased sales of third-party brand products and higher sales to chain customers. In addition, a strong cash position allowed us to repay over $655 million of debt during the fourth quarter of 2013, bringing us to a pro forma debt-to-adjusted EBITDA ratio of below 2.8x to begin 2014." Actavis' preliminary results remain subject to finalization by its management and review by its outside independent accountants. The company plans to report final results for the fourth quarter and full year 2013 on February 20 . Actavis will provide an update of its business and will provide an updated forecast at the Company's Investor Day to be held in New York on Friday, January 31 , at 8 a.m. EST . The meeting will be webcast live, and can be accessed by logging onto http:// www.Actavis.com or the following link: http://www.videonewswire.com/ event.asp?id=97019. Actavis plc is a global, integrated specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and distributing generic, brand and biosimilar products. More Information: http://www.actavis.com ((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ))
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO