Rachid Benmessaoud , Country Director, World Bank Pakistan called on President Mamnoon Hussain at the Aiwan-e-Sadr on Monday. The President appreciated the working relationship of the World Bank with Pakistan over a period of time and expressed confidence that the organization would continue extending its support for the development projects in the country. Highlighting energy requirements of the country, the President emphasized the Bank to consider financing energy and water resource projects in Pakistan as the country is facing acute energy shortage which was adversely affecting the economy. He said that World Bank can play a major role in supporting the efforts of Government of Pakistan in addressing the power and energy crisis. Rachid Benmessaoud , briefed the President about the new Country Partnership strategy (CPS) of the World Bank for the next five years (2015-19) and also about various projects of the Bank aimed at socio-economic development of Pakistan .
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers