The news reporters obtained a quote from the research, "By introducing a binding helper strand, the thiol-group can be brought into close proximity to the surface of AuNPs, which will greatly increase the local molecular concentration and attaching efficiency. In the experiments, the strategy is verified by the methods of DNA strand branch migration and dynamic assembly of AuNPs clusters. In addition, unique and complex AuNPs clusters with well-defined arrangements of DNA scaffolds are produced. Using this method, it is able to selectively manipulate and control different kinds and numbers of DNA attaching onto AuNPs."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "Our strategy also could be extended to assembling large complicated DNA/AuNPs programmable structures and nanodevices."
For more information on this research see: Binding Assistance Triggering Attachments of Hairpin DNA onto Gold Nanoparticles. Analytical Chemistry, 2013;85(24):11973-11978. Analytical Chemistry can be contacted at: Amer Chemical Soc,
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict