Motorola's Moto X smartphone was heading for
The flagship handset would arrive in
"At Motorola our roots are deep in mobile hardware - we invented mobile communications," Motorola Mobility
"Now, as a
A low-cost version of the smartphone, the Moto G, is already sold internationally.
Both devices are powered by
Motorola is pushing all the buttons to regain prominence in the smartphone market, including aggressive pricing, according to chief executive
Since being acquired by
"There will be different phones at different price points but we're going to be very aggressive there," Woodside said. "When we priced Moto X at
The Moto X was first introduced at
Motorola, once among the cellphone leaders, has been struggling in recent years as Apple and Samsung grab most of the market share.
"This is a business where scale matters and it's been really important for us to start putting products out there that we're excited about and get consumers excited about. That's what we've done with Moto X and Moto G," he added.
Woodside declined to provide specific sales figures but maintained that since launching the Moto X and Moto G, "we are seeing our best days ever for smartphones". - Sapa-AFP
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- President Obama Touts Overhaul of Overtime Rules