Iranian researchers have devised a simple method to produce egg albumin nanoparticles.
The researchers studied the effects of parameters that affect size, size distribution and surface properties of nanoparticles,
The nanoparticles can be used in novel drug and food delivery systems. The aim of the research was to design a drug nano-carrier with fine size and distribution particle size and appropriate surface properties, which is ideal for use in novel drug delivery systems.
In this research, egg albumin nanoparticles were produced through simple coacervation method so they can be used as an appropriate drug nano-carrier in novel drug delivery systems. The researchers investigated the effect of parameters that affect size and size distribution of nanoparticles and surface properties of nanoparticles.
PCS and AFM analyses were carried out in order to characterize size and size distribution, surface properties and shape of nanoparticles. The analyses showed that the nanoparticles have an almost spherical shape and they are formed with desirable surface morphology.
Egg albumin nanoparticles had a mean size of less than 100 nm. The simple coacervation method was considered an appropriate method for the production of this type of nanoparticles. Therefore, egg albumin nanoparticles can be considered very good candidates for use as drug and food nano-carriers.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder