The Hollywood ensemble comedy "Grown Ups 2" was nominated for eight Razzie Awards, including Worst Picture, Wednesday morning.
The science-fiction flick "After Earth," star-studded comedy "Movie 43" and the holiday picture "A Madea Christmas" earned six nods apiece, while "The Lone Ranger" and "Scary Movie 5" each garnered five nods.
In the running for Worst Picture along with "Grown Ups 2" are "After Earth," "The Lone Ranger," "A Madea Christmas" and "Movie 43."
Up for Worst Actor are Johnny Depp for "The Lone Ranger," Ashton Kutcher for "Jobs," Adam Sandler for "Grown Ups 2," Jaden Smith for "After Earth," and Sylvester Stallone for "Bullet to the Head," "Escape Plan" and "Grudge Match."
Shortlisted for Worst Actress are Halle Berry for "The Call" and "Movie 43," Selena Gomez for "Getaway," Lindsay Lohan for "The Canyons," Tyler Perry for "A Madea Christmas," and Naomi Watts for "Diana" and "Movie 43."
"Winners" in all categories will be announced March 1, the day before the Oscars for excellence in film are to be presented.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: 'Grown Ups 2' leads with 8 Razzie Award nominations
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac