ENP Newswire - 15 January 2014 Release date- 14012014 - DETROIT - General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) Board of Directors today declared a quarterly dividend of 30 cents per share on its common stock. The dividend is payable March 28, 2014 to all common stockholders of record as of March 18, 2014 . 'Today's General Motors is designing high-quality, world-class vehicles for our customers and delivering consistently solid financial results,' said Dan Akerson , GM chairman and CEO. 'The board understands that our investors should share in this success and is pleased to announce a quarterly dividend for our common stockholders.' According to Dan Ammann , GM executive vice president and chief financial officer: 'Our fortress balance sheet, substantial liquidity, consistent earnings and strong cash flow provide the foundation for an ongoing payout. This return to shareholders is consistent with our capital priorities and is an important signal of confidence in our plans for a continuing profitable future.' Ammann will become GM President effective Wednesday ( Jan. 15 , 2014). Through the third quarter of 2013, GM achieved 15 straight profitable quarters in which it generated $16.3 billion in adjusted automotive free cash flow. As of Sept. 30, 2013 , the company had total automotive liquidity of $37.3 billion and $8.4 billion of automotive debt.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11