DETROIT (AP) — Ford Motor Co. is recalling 27,933 Edge crossovers in the U.S. because a damper in the fuel line could crack and cause fuel leaks.
The recall involves Edges from the 2012 and 2013 model years with 2.0-liter engines. All of the vehicles were produced between September 2010 and April 2013.
Ford said an improper manufacturing process could cause the damper to crack, resulting in fuel odor or leakage. Fuel leaks can lead to a vehicle fire.
Ford said it discovered the problem through warranty claims. There have been no reports of fires or injuries related to the defect.
Ford dealers will repair the fuel lines for free. The company will begin notifying owners next month.
Original headline: Ford recalls 27,933 Edge crossovers
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform