Aim-quoted diamond miner Firestone Diamonds yesterday said that it has secured $222.4m (£136m) project financing to build and commission a main treatment plant at the Liqhobong diamond mine. The new funding includes an $82.4m loan from Africa's Absa Bank . "Raising [the funds] is an outstanding achievement for a company of Firestone's size, particularly given the current challenging mining finance environment," said chief Stuart Brown .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?