Our news editors obtained a quote from the research, "It creates a big challenge for analysis of multi-layer structures since the number of simultaneously determined model parameters is restricted due to parameter cross-correlations. This paper describes a simple way to reduce the correlations for single-angle ellipsometric measurements when applied to monitor the thicknesses of the dielectric films (silicon oxide, ultra low-k dielectric and low-k dielectric barrier/etch stop films) in a multi-layer stack. The method is based on inclusion of a thin Ta metal layer (similar to 160 angstrom thick) into the multi-layer structure in order to suppress the inter-layer correlations, thereby allowing an accurate determination of the thicknesses of individual films in the thin-film stack. The optical characterization of all layers in the spectral range of 200-800 nm (6.20-1.55 eV) has been performed using an 'additive' thin-film stack approach. The method was employed for analyzing the multi-layer ILD test stack with up to five-layer film structures in which four of the films are dielectric."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The final model uniqueness and accuracy of the obtained ellipsometric solution were also verified."
For more information on this research see: Characterization of complex inter-layer dielectric stack by spectroscopic ellipsometry: A simple method to reduce parameters correlations.
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?