Small and Medium Enterprise Foundation ( SME Foundation ) on Monday signed an agreement with IDLC Finance Ltd to facilitate easy loans for the development of a plastic industrial cluster booming in the capitalís Islambagh, Chakbazar and Lalbagh areas. SME Foundation managing director M Ihsanul Karim and IDLC managing director Selim H Rahman signed the deal on behalf of their respective organisations at a programme at SME Foundationís office. Under the agreement, SME entrepreneurs functioning at the cluster - spread across a 5-6sqm area in the capitalís Islambagh, Lalbagh, Chakbazar localities- will receive loans at 9 percent interest rate. The plastic industrial cluster in Islambagh, Chakbazar, Lalbagh areas consists of about 3,000 units and produces about 150 plastic goods, according to the SME Foundation . This cluster is listed by the SME Foundation in its Cluster Mapping Programme along with 176 more SME clusters across the country for loan assistance from the Foundationís own fund. The SME Foundation has already allocated Tk 3 crore loan for the entrepreneurs in Islambagh, Chakbazar, Lalbagh and adjacent areas. The loan scheme will be dealt by IDLC Finance Ltd. SME Foundation has also facilitated easy loans to seven other clusters across the country under its Credit Wholesaling Programme. Besides, the Foundation is conducting Gunabati Programme in association with Mutual Trust Bank Ltd to provide easy loans to women entrepreneurs. So far, SME Foundation has facilitated 520 entrepreneurs across the country with a total finance of Tk 19.80 crore .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?